The Festival is almost here and we just wanted to let you know of a few Festival updates!
- With the exception of a few specific workshops, all events at the festival are free and open to the public.
- Parking: Since Buck Moon takes place on a college campus, we have LOTS of FREE PARKING spaces, all with easy access to the main quad area where all the fun is happening. Public Safety officers will direct traffic and we ask that you please respect “reserved” signs on orange cones in Lot #4 saved for our performers.
- The Festival kicks off on Friday evening, July 11 with a 7 pm talk in the Large Lounge in the Student Union building with American sculptor John Van Alstine who will talk about his work. John is best known for stone and metal abstract sculptures exhibiting exceptional balance and poise.
- On Saturday July 12, the Festival opens at 10 AM, and the first featured musical act, Hey Jude, begins at 11AM. A full run down of the all of the schedule can be found on the Festival Schedule page.
- A number of food vendors and artisans will be on site selling delicious food. You can find more specific information on the food artisan and vendor page.
- General Map Of Events
- Vendors are located in and around the Quad area.
- The Main Stage (Saturday – Hey Jude, The Bentwood Rockers and Alex Torres And His Latin Orchestra – Sunday – Penny Jar, Flame, and Sara Milonovich and Daisycutter) is located outside the Visual Arts and Communications building.
- The Large Lounge (Friday – John Van Alstine – Saturday – the Business Panel Discussions For Artists: “The Entrepreneurial Spirit“, “Developing Your Business Plan”, “Promoting Your Art: Building An Audience and Building A Buzz” and “Funding Yourself: Show Me the Money!” ) is located in the College Union building.
- Raiders Cove (Saturday – Sawyer Fredericks, Bijoux, Cosby Gibson and Tom Staudle, Clank, DOOOJJ and Young Dealz – Sunday – Ms. Tina’s Tribal Belly Dance Company) is located in the Cove on the map
- The FM THEATRE (Saturday -Iona Troupe, Carl Heilman, Scorpio screening and The Exonerated – Sunday – The Exonerated) is located in the Visual Arts and Communications building.
- Restrooms are located in all labeled buildings.
We have some great performers, vendors and events planned and we hope to see you there!